Quality and Safety
Try something new from PSI - a leading supplier of quality solutions for the food industry. PSI is a dynamic consultancy. We provide a mix of technical and innovation skills through flexible work solutions.
As most of the team have worked for retailers at some stage in their career, we are well placed to assist with meeting quality and safety requirements of UK and mainland European retailers.
PSI works with companies to meet the requirements of the BRC Global Food Standard and the International Food Standard Standard (IFS). The support can be in the form of pre-audit inspections and assistance with corrective actions through to design of quality management systems. PSI is able to help prepare new suppliers to meet retailers' and manufacturers' requirements, from designing and equipping new factories to the development of new products from existing facilities.
PSI can manage all your product development and innovation needs. PSI can assist by facilitating invigorating brainstorming sessions to allow a unique creative point of difference to shine through, eg conducting competitor assessments; building product ideas; facilitating product optimization; defining quality and trend monitoring with a focus on reduction of cycle time from concept to market.
PSI is pleased to offer training in the following areas:
- HACCP RSPH Level 1,2,3 and 4
- Level 4 (Advanced) Food Safety in Manufacturing
- Bespoke Food Safety Training
- Internal Auditor Training
- IOSH Risk management training
- Microbiology courses
- Managing Pesticides in Fresh Produce
- Allergen Training
- Ethical Awareness & Ethical Auditing
"PSI have helped our business in a number of different ways in the past 10 years. They have audited factories on our behalf when internal resources were stretched and helped in the recruitment of our own technical team. They are thoroughly professional and reliable and provide an excellent support mechanism to our own business as and when required".
Martin Dowthwaite, Daybreak Foods
“PSI assisted a prepared vegetable factory in Africa to gain BRC certification. A pre-audit was completed to identify missing procedures, which were developed with local management and staff trained in their use”.
Justin Creasy Barfoots of Botley
PSI can help your business in the following areas:
- Practical Help
- Meeting retailer requirements
- HACCP training, verification and review
- Allergen Management
- Traceability systems
- Audit preparation and assistance with corrective action
- Crisis management
- Part-time technical expertise for additional projects or management of issues
- Product Development and Innovation
- Coaching & development of technical staff
- Non-executive directorship